Tuesday, March 06, 2007

OK, you can get things from kissing, people.

I should check if the dorms on campus all went strictly same-sex. I'm sitting in the coffee shop on campus and there's this couple in the booth in front of me who have been making out non-stop for like the past hour. It was kissing etc at first but now it's evolving into nsf-coffee-shop stuff. Now, there's a card-carrying voyeur part of me that doth protest at my protesting about this, but I am trying to get some long-delayed work done and this is incredibly distracting. Get a room or something already! (and don't make me want to wallow in self-pity for sitting here working instead of, you know)

Doesn't also help that I'm going through what can only be described as a bout of mild kinda, sorta depression. It's been creeping up on me since yesterday evening when I walked out of an interview for what should be one of the jobs that I really want to do next. I don't know man, I thought parts of them went well, but others were a little all over the place. But, this was technical CS stuff and I'm not sure how it's going to pan out. The wait isn't fun.

But, I have things to keep me busy, and Khaled, Taha and Feudel are keeping me good company. Shukran. My friend M and I made the second round of the Global Social Venture competition, and we have to work toward a deadline that is due tomorrow. An all-nighter has been added to the menu. We have an idea to start a non-profit, I will write more about that. It is basically a version of AdSense for Charity, with all proceeds from blogs going to charities nominated by the bloggers. I think it is pretty interesting. Later today, I have meetings with the two teams I am working with in my role as a TA. They are coming up on final presentations, and i am going to be going over their stuff. And, I am creeping up on finals week. Given that I missed mid-terms for both my classes, some work is needed to ensure that I don't flunk out of these! So, that's going to keep me busy, busy, busy for the next 2 weeks.

Then, it's on to New Orleans for Spring Break. While I will be spending time there working with Habitat for Humanity building homes, I do expect to spend some quality time on Bourbon Street. Surrounded, once again I suspect, by people making out. Ah well, circle of life or some such right.

Labels:

Bookmark: del.icio.us

5 Comments:

Blogger sorebreK said...

Been there, seen that.
I was sitting there chatting with a Student Group adviser and for some reason she kept falling off her chair. I turned around and located the cause and promptly decided that I will not be breaking the Prozac into half today.

07 March, 2007 00:07  
Blogger Satyajeet said...

Dude,
For someone who was depressed, you were pretty perky when I ran into you last night.
Now when I'm depressed, I make sure the world knows.

07 March, 2007 09:52  
Blogger PowerYogi said...

i'm trying man. next time you see me and i'm depressed, you'll know for sure :)

07 March, 2007 12:00  
Anonymous wholesale air jordan said...

Air Jordan shoes Air Jordan shoesjordan shoes
Air Jordan shoesjordans shoes
Cheap Jordans
wholesale jordan
Air Jordan shoes
wholesale air jordan
Nike Jordan Shoes
Nike Shoes Wholesale

wholesale air jordans Air Jordans
Wholesale Nike shoes Air Jordans
Air JordansWholesale Nike Air Jordans
Air JordansNike shoes Air Jordans
nike jordan Air Jordans
air jordan Air Jordans
Air Jordans Air Jordans

03 December, 2008 20:52  
Anonymous www.cordoba-3d.com said...

I think everybody should glance at this.

20 October, 2011 00:32  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home