Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Where do little birds go when they die?

I saw something very sad just now. I was walking back to the GSB building after collecting my Chicago student ID and right outside the doors, on the concrete balcony-type thing we have, was a bird. It was on its back but I saw one of its wings fluttering. I went to see if I could help, but alas, it was just the wind ruffling the little one's feathers. Tried to shake it but it didn't move :-( Sat there for a little bit not knowing what to do. I mean, I couldn't just leave it lying there. There were people walking around, and someone could step on it. I felt much worse when I thought of those who would walk away ignoring it. Such a beautiful creature doesn't deserve that. But, what does one do with a dead bird? I didn't know, i mean it's the first time I have actually seen one I think. So, I just picked it up off the floor and put it in a flowerbed that was nearby. I hope that was not a bad thing to do.

Go in peace, pretty bird.
Bookmark: del.icio.us

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home