Wednesday, May 18, 2005

And the MBA Bloggie goes to ...

"Oh my God. I'm sorry. This moment is so much bigger than me.

"This moment is for 3app, Trip Enel, Chunky. It's for the bloggers that stand beside me and those that don't - StanfordMBA, Megami, Riter - and it's for every nameless, faceless MBA applicant that now has a chance because this door tonight has been opened.

"Thank you. I'm so honoured. I am so honoured and thank the academy for choosing me to be the vessel from which this blessing might flow. Thank you.

"I want to thank my manager -umm, I don't have a manager- but anyways. He's been with me for 12 long years and you've fought every fought and you've loved me when I've been up. But more importantly you've loved me when I've been down. You have been a manager, a friend and the only father I've ever known and I love you very much.

"I want to thank my Mom who's given me the strength to fight every single day to be who I want to be and given me the courage to dream that this dream might be happening and possible for me. I love you Mom so much.

"Thank you my someday wife who I know will be the joy of my life. And India - thank you for giving me peace because only with the peace that you've brought me have I been allowed to go to places that I never even knew I can go. Thank you, I love you and India all my heart.

"I want to thank Hella. Thank you. And all of you who linked to me for making sure everybody knew about this little tiny blog. Thank you for believing in me.

"Our director, God Herself - you're a genius - you're a genius. This blog-writing experience was magical for me because of you. You believed in me, you trusted me and you gently guided me to very scary places. Thank you.

"I want to thank Yvonna Chubick. I could have never figured out who the heck this lady was without you. I don't know who the heck you are, either. But, I love you. Thank you.

"I want to thank Tad Holbie, our TrailBlazer. Thank you for showing me this path- for believing that I could do it and now tonight I have this. Thank you.

"I have to thank my agents, Blogger/Google - thank you, thank you for never kicking me out and sending me somewhere else - thank you.

"I - who else - I have so many people that I know I need to thank um... my lawyers. Thank you - OK wait a minute - I gotta take this - 18 months here - OK I've gotta take this time.

"I need to thank, lastly but not leastly I have to thank Chicago for putting me in my very first b-school and believing in me.

"Oprah Winfrey for being the best role model any girl can have. Jo Silver - thank you and thank you to Warren Beatty. Thank you so much for being my mentors and believing in me.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you."

Phew, had to get that off my chest. My gratitude to all those who read my blog and thought it worthy of this much consideration. And, my apologies for going all Halle Berry on y'all :-)
Bookmark: del.icio.us

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your welcome.
~ Tad

06 January, 2006 01:41  

Post a Comment

<< Home