HBS/ApplyYourself Admit Status snafu ?
Here is the procedure, as sent to me by a poster.
. Login to your application
2. Click on the application for admission (may be called something else for non HBS applications)
3. At this point the URL you see in your browser will have, among other things
Of course you will have your own value for AYID
4. Copy this value in the notepad
5. View source by going to your browser's View menu and clicking on Source (for IE users)
6. In the source look for id=1234567 (or it's PackageAnswerID=1234567, I don't exactly remember, most likely id-1234567). The value must be a 7 digit number
7. Once you have AYID number and the id number, copy and paste the following URL IN THE SAME BROWSER WINDOW
8. Replace the AYID and id values by your own AYID and id values, which you copied in a notepad
It's important to paste the above URL in the same browser window otherwise the application will complain that you are not logged on. If you login to the new window, the app will complain you are logged in using multiple session and will force you to close ALL the browser windows (delaying the viewing of your status).
I can't seem to access HaloScan comments from work, so if you have any comments you want me to know, send me an email to email@example.com
Edit One: Seems like all decisions previously available using said procedure have been pulled out, including dings.
Edit Two: Is it right or wrong to check status this way? Basically, we are talking about some sloppily protected software here. If you don't want someone to see it, hide it well. Welcome to the internet.
Edit Three: I had made a reference to Accepted.com's chat which i got off a posting on the boards (but wasn't on myself). I was subsequently told that I had mis-represented the facts and there was no censorship in that room. Since I wasn't there, and hence am going on hearsay, edited the post to remove the reference.