Wednesday, January 19, 2005

It's chic-a-GO !

IT"S OFFICIAL ! Yogi's goin' to Chicago !!

I must have jammed the chicago phone lines with my incessant calling this morning, only to get voicemail. Finally, gave up and went to a design meeting with a manager for a new project she wants me to work on. In the middle of it, I got a call from a chicago area code. I look at her and go, I've got to take this. She gave me a look of wtf?, but before she could say anything I was running out of the office into a conference room. It was Kurt, calling to congratulate me. I actually don't remember anything of the call anymore. I thanked him, he thanked me, we thanked each other, and after a little victory jig, walked back into the meeting. And oh, it was a one-on-one meeting :-)

It's slowly sinking in, but this is a sweet, sweet feeling. No can write anymore. Am off to Tiffany to buy a gift for my recommender, who's also a mentor and one of the best people I've had the good fortune to know. There's also the little matter that hers was the meeting I walked out of ;-) Haven't told her yet, will do so later this afternoon.

Congratulations to all the Chicago admits, and best wishes for those still waiting to hear.
Bookmark: del.icio.us

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home