Thursday, November 11, 2004

the gods them be smilin'

i just had an un-f-ing-believable crisis. one of my chicago recommendations has been submitted, but due to circumstances (entirely within my control btw), i had to scramble to find a new recommender for my second rec. this evening. at 5. for tomorrow !!!

i literally ran to one of my recommenders who has given me recos last year and asked if she could do a rush job - she graciously agreed to do so provided the questions weren't too iffy, and wanted to see a hardcopy of the reco. so i run back to my office and log in to print for her and see this message on the Chicago website:

-----------------------------------------------------------
Campus MBA Only--Round 1 Application Deadline Extended

An unscheduled update of our application payment system will commence at 11:00 p.m. (CST) on Friday, November 12. This update will not allow us to accept applications through the 12:00 a.m. published deadline. Therefore, in good faith we are extending the deadline for submitting Round 1 applications to Monday, November 15, at 12:00 p.m. (CST). We are sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your interest in Chicago GSB.
-----------------------------------------------------------

you've got to be kidding me ! this is yogi we're talking about - shit like this doesn't usually happen with me. then again ... maybe i'm due for some lovin-from-the-dude-above.

sweet. glazed apricots filled with mascarpone and almonds sweet.

i owe it to whatever forces of nature, or unscheduled payment system updates, that conspired to give me this break to kick some serious ass on this application. will do.
Bookmark: del.icio.us

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home