Wednesday, November 03, 2004

All quiet on the storm front

The floodgates seem to have been opened for the Wharton interview invites this week. There wasn't much action until last friday. But it's been raining invites since monday AM. The good people who office at Huntsman have sent an invite the way of my favorite brit blogger, Britchick. Many congratulations for the invite BC, and best wishes for your interview.

Of course, as the title of this post might suggest, all I have received from them is nothing. Yet. It's only the third day after October, and there are fifteen more rotations of the earth to be completed before I even consider contemplating the utter pointlessness of the universe. Come to think of it, I might have to ponder the above regardless of what W does after I go see the new Bridget Jones flick at a 'special preview' on the 18th. I must add that despite living in the world's greatest democracy - which, some might argue, is a point deserving of its own debate - I am not going to the movie of my own free will.

And, try as I might to follow Mark's good advice, I find myself unable to resist the occasional temptation to sit back, raise my heart rate, and take a peek at the online boards only to, umm, raise my heart rate a little more. Amongst all the talk of invites, and re-applicant invites; and probabilities at this stage of invites, and re-applicant invites; I came across a very interesting post:
"What i struggle with is whether or not its presumptuous to assume i'll get an interview this year since i had one last year ... "
That touched a raw nerve. While it is usually left unsaid, I must admit that a big reason why I am so calm is an expectation, almost an its-not-if-but-when, that because I had an invite the last time around applying in R3, and I have hopefully only added to my application since, I should get an interview invite. We'll have to wait and see how that pans out.

It also helps that I am preoccupied by my attempts at creative writing for my Chicago essays. As the entirely-too-long sentences and non-sensical-grammar of this post indicates (or should it be 'indicate' - i did use 'sentences'), it's not going all that great. Well, off I go to rectify that.
Bookmark: del.icio.us

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home