Tuesday, January 20, 2004

Inspiration can happen from the strangest places.

I have been bothered by my cover letter for Sloan and as I was watching the democratic rebuttal to the State of the Union, I found the reason. My letter as I have it written is like Nancy Pelosi's speech - very general and talking about things we already know. I dozed thru it. I'm sure Mr. Garcia will too when he reads my letter, it's pretty much a retelling of what makes Sloan great. Then Tom Daschle came on and his response was I thought quite the opposite - the same issues framed in a personal way peppered with stories of a nurse dying of cancer etc. I was listening.

So, it's back to the drawing board. I need to reframe my thoughts and 'talk' to Rod. I sure hope he listens.

As I labor on, this is some of the music I'm listening to :

Lebanese Blonde / Thievery Corporation
Don't Worry Be Happy / Bobby McFerrin
Me Gustas Tu / Manu Chao
Mera Gham / Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan
Intuition / Natalie Imbruglia
Gimme The Light / Sean Paul
Bookmark: del.icio.us

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home