Thursday, January 22, 2004

I hate sleeping on couches. I was so tired last night from the two previous days' non-stop work for Sloan that I fell asleep on the couch watching TV. With my shoes on. Slow day at work today, feel great having no immediate essay issues to deal with. But, I know I will tire of this pretty soon ... and then I have the R3 essays waiting for me ;-) ;-)

I guess I didn't blog my decision not to apply to Haas. I could not get my recommenders to commit definitely to giving me a recommendation by tomorrow with all the stuff going on at work. So, Haas is a no-go.

Here's something non-mba : I was excited to read today that the new WTC terminus will be designed by Santiago Calatrava, my favorite architect, if there's such a thing. The proposed design is breathtaking. Of course, if you follow his work, it doesn't come as much of a surprise. He has only one completed building in the US - the beautiful Milwaukee Art Center addition. The WTC gig should make him very popular here. I love architecture and wish I had the means or the resources to travel and see some of the newer creations around the world. But I do live vicariously. I insisted a friend of mine visiting Berlin go to Libeskind's Jewish Museum and report back ! Needless to say, he was moved by it and I'm kicking myself even more that I can't go :-)
Bookmark: del.icio.us

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home