Thursday, December 04, 2003

Didn't get to work on my essays today. I also have not yet given my recommenders the letters to fill, and I am beginning to get worried on that front. Tomorrow I am definitely going to get hold of them. Seems like everyone is super busy. Also had a slight scare with the TOEFL. Am considering applying to Yale and realized that they do not accept graduate degrees in the US as sufficient proof of english competency. I heard back from them that I should submit a request for waiver from them with my application. Also checked with Stanford and Tuck and they clarified that I should be OK. Whew ! I assumed that all the schools would have a similar policy with regard to the TOEFL and so conveniently skipped looking at the section as I was browsing the application materials. I don't have the time or inclination to take the TOEFL at this stage. Will probably drop schools that require me to take it.

Went to see The Nutcracker this evening. A nice break from the monotony of work and sitting in front of a computer typing essays. The Boston Ballet's version of this classic was very nice. This was my first time at a ballet and I really enjoyed it. And the Wang Theater is just awesome. Something really cool happened today. We had an extra ticket and my friend tried to sell it but there were no single people looking for tix. We were running out of time and he decided to give it away to a person who was standing around with a little girl. They sat next to us and turns out she was there to drop off her elder daughter who was was actually dancing in the ballet !
Bookmark: del.icio.us