Monday, December 15, 2003

busy busy. a mini-crisis has erupted at work that will probably require me to work 12-14 hour days until the end of the year. everybody else seems to be off on vacation, so I'm stuck. Stanford essays are shaping up well, but am having word count issues. Stanford's probably OK because they ask for 3-7 pages double spaced. But I will have to start being more concise once I get to the others.

Some positive news on my recommender front. Got my peer recommender lined up for Stanford. I am debating if I should ask a peer for HBS' third recommender. Also spoke with my primary recommender and he's setting aside a couple of days next week on his vacation to work on my recos. Have a lunch appointment scheduled for later this week. I have one shot at this and should do it well. Tomorrow night's prep night for this meeting. My second recommender is hard. He's been very busy and I'm not able to get hold of him. I should meet with him before the week is over so that he gets the weekend to at least start to work on the recos.

And i've spent the last couple of hours playing around with a very cool piece of software - Konfabulator. It's an awesome app for Mac OS X, Forbes calls it the one Mac app that Windows doesn't have. Sweet. Downloaded a ton of 'widgets' for my iMac screen. I also have a counter counting down to the end of the days of my misery ;-)
Bookmark: del.icio.us