Tuesday, November 25, 2003

Recommender Blues

Argggh ! it's been a really bad day. Last night's late night essay session coupled with an early morning wake-up has me nursing a headache all day. And on top of that, had an awkward conversation with one of my potential recommenders that has me in a quandry.

There is this ex-boss of mine who I was planning to ask today or tomorrow for a reco. Turns out he wanted to go on a business trip abroad that I may be going on instead - and he wants me to tell the guy arranging it how he could do a good job on it and why he deserves to go. Apparently he thinks I am better suited for it than him.

Fuck. Excuse my language, but it's that frustrating. I did not know about the politics involved, and don't care a damn about the trip. The thing is - if I do ask him for a reco but end up sent on the trip I can't be sure what's going to be in that reco. Right now I don't know what to do. Got to sleep over it and start considering some others that I had ruled out.
Bookmark: del.icio.us

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home